Andropause Treatment for Men in Philadelphia, PA
Andropause is the male equivalent of menopause in women and often results in lower hormone levels. At World Wellness Health Institute, Dr. Daniel Lebowitz offers andropause treatments for hormonal issues to men living in and around Bala Cynwyd and Philadelphia, PA, who are extremely tired, have unexplained weight gain and a low libido.
What is Andropause?
Andropause is the male equivalent of menopause in women. Studies show it affects about 30 percent of men after the age of 50. It is often the result of a drastic decline in testosterone levels. Testosterone is the male hormone that is known for developing and maintaining masculine looks and sexual organ function. Some of the symptoms associated with andropause include:
- Lack of sex drive
- Issues with getting and maintaining solid erections
- Lack of energy
- Significant mood swings and depression
- Significant decrease in muscle mass
- Increase in body fat
- Hot flashes
Benefits of Andropause Treatment for Men
Andropause takes a physical and psychological toll on the men suffering from it. Treatments that deal with andropause help alleviate the symptoms that accompany it. Some of the benefits that andropause treatment offers include:
- Decrease in mood swings
- An increase in energy
- Enhanced sex drive
- Weight loss
- Increase in muscle mass and strength
How is Andropause Treatment for Men Administered?
There are several types of andropause treatments for men to increase their testosterone to a normal level. It is necessary to talk with a physician to determine which type of treatment is the best option. The types of HRT for men include:
- Testosterone Gels. With testosterone gels, simply apply to specific areas of the body as prescribed. Be very careful not to allow anyone to rub against or touch the area of application as the gel can penetrate their skin as well.
- Testosterone Injections. With testosterone injections, patients visit their physician every couple of weeks for injections.
- Pellets are rice-sized pills that are inserted into a tiny incision usually on the buttocks. Small amounts of testosterone are slowly released over a period of time to increase the amount of the hormone in the blood.
- This type of treatment involves placing a patch containing testosterone on a part of the body so that small amounts of testosterone are slowly released directly into the body. With patches, it is important to rotate the placement of the patch typically between the back, arms, buttocks or abdomen.
How Much Do Andropause Treatments for Men Cost?
The cost of andropause treatments vary with each patient taking into account several factors, including the type of treatment chosen, the dosage of the treatment and the length of time the treatment is performed. During a complimentary consultation with Dr. Lebowitz, we can go over the cost with you, along with our payment options including financing through CareCredit®. We can also work with you to determine if your health insurance provides any coverage for andropause treatments for men.
Is Andropause Treatment Right for Me?
Do you suffer from any of the symptoms of andropause, such as hot flashes, a low libido or weight gain especially around the middle? If you experience any of these on a regular basis, you may have andropause and would benefit from treatment.
Andropause Treatment Consultation
As part of the private consultation, Dr. Lebowitz evaluates your current health, as well as medical history so he can find out if there is anything that may prevent you from having andropause treatments. The two of you will discuss your symptoms and come up with a plan to return testosterone levels to normal. He will also talk to you about your alternatives and answer any questions you may have.
The symptoms of low testosterone and hypogonadism cause many physical and emotional side effects. If you live in Bala Cynwyd and Philadelphia, PA and are considering andropause treatments, World Wellness Health Institute offers treatment for the symptoms associated with low testosterone. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with board-certified physician, Dr. Daniel Lebowitz, so that you can regain your health and confidence.
*Individual Results May Vary